site hit counter

⇒ PDF Free SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears



Download As PDF : SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

Download PDF  SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

Rich, beautiful and well educated, Margaret Clement was the belle of Melbourne society. With a legacy from her wealthy father, she and her sisters set up a mansion called Tullaree in the pastures near the Tarwin River. With staff to run the property, they impressed the cream of Edwardian society with Japanese screens, tapestries and furniture from their trips abroad. Hit hard by the Great Depression and World War I, their finances declined and the ditches that kept the Tarwin River back collapsed through neglect. The lush paddocks sank under a vast swamp as the elderly belles clung to their beloved Tullaree. As the swamp rose, so too did the presence of opportunists, scammers, lawyers - and a killer.

SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

This is a well written and well researched book. The book starts back in the late 1800s in Victoria, Australia during the gold rush. As I travel frequently to Sale and the surrounding areas, I find the book fascinating when it talks historically about the places I travel to. The writer delivers a very descriptive script about the two sisters who became the swamp ladies and how they acquired that title. The two sisters grew up in wealth and privledge but numerous bad financial decisions and naivety led them down a perilous path whereby they lost all their money. Through neglect, the house became run down, and the pastures filled with water. The stock died off through the lack of pasture. Their downfall was rapid. It is a sad saga when you reflect on where the sisters began and where they ended. Well worth reading. Lots of historical pictures as well.

Product details

  • File Size 2210 KB
  • Print Length 237 pages
  • Publisher New Holland Publishers (September 26, 2011)
  • Publication Date September 26, 2011
  • Language English
  • ASIN B005Q459G0

Read  SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

Tags : Swamp-Who Murdered Margaret Clement? - Kindle edition by Richard Shears. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Swamp-Who Murdered Margaret Clement?.,ebook,Richard Shears,Swamp-Who Murdered Margaret Clement?,New Holland Publishers,Crimes
People also read other books :

SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears Reviews


The beginning for me was over descriptive. I started to enjoy the read about a third of the way in. An interesting story, especially if you can identify with the local references.

I found the randomly placed photo's annoying on a , especially prior to the subject being mentioned.

Over all a good read though.
I enjoyed this book so much I have read it twice a few years ago now.
I have it in hard copy but will get the kindle version as well.
Highly Recommend it.
This is a well written and well researched book. The book starts back in the late 1800s in Victoria, Australia during the gold rush. As I travel frequently to Sale and the surrounding areas, I find the book fascinating when it talks historically about the places I travel to. The writer delivers a very descriptive script about the two sisters who became the swamp ladies and how they acquired that title. The two sisters grew up in wealth and privledge but numerous bad financial decisions and naivety led them down a perilous path whereby they lost all their money. Through neglect, the house became run down, and the pastures filled with water. The stock died off through the lack of pasture. Their downfall was rapid. It is a sad saga when you reflect on where the sisters began and where they ended. Well worth reading. Lots of historical pictures as well.
Ebook PDF  SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears

0 Response to "⇒ PDF Free SwampWho Murdered Margaret Clement? eBook Richard Shears"

Post a Comment